Fix Error code 0x00000101 in Windows 10
Yesterday, I was using windows 10 on my desktop & while using i was facing an error with error code 0x00000101 which means that Clock Watchdog timeout error 0x00000101. This error occurs when a specified processor stop processing interferes, or you can say that the processor is non-responsive or deadlocked. So let’s start how to fix clock watchdog timeout error 0x00000101 in windows 10.
How to Fix Error 0x00000101 Clock Watchdog Timeout in Windows 10
Fix BSOD error 0x00000101, below are the methods to fix this error.
Boot Windows 10 into Safe Mode
While BSOD error 0x00000101 you may be not able to operate the device. I recommend you that start your device in safe mode, in safe mode, the Operating System Loads a minimal user interface then follow the below steps:-
- Start Menu > Click Power Button
- Hold down shift key > Click Restart
- Recovery Screen > Select Troubleshoot > Click Advanced options
- Now Click Startup Setting
- Click Restart Button > PC will reboot again
- Booting Process Perform here
- Upon Completing the Cycle > On the screen Startup setting will be appear
- Press F4 Key > Windows 10 is now starting in Safe Mode.
Update BIOS to Fix Error 0x00000101
BIOS update is required in the advanced procedure which installs the new firmware for your motherboard. For Updating BIOS follow below steps
- Open Run dialog boc by pressing key Win+R together
- Run Dialog box > Type msinfo32 & press
- Placed the BIOS Version/date > Under the item list
- Open a Web browser > Visit BIOS manufacturer website.
- Download the latest version & Install it
- Might take time > so, if you are using a laptop make sure the laptop is connected with charger till the installation complete.
- After the installation complete restart the device to apply these changes.
Delete the Problematic or Infected Updates
If you are removing the already existing update Clock watchdog timeout, you need to install it again. Below are the steps mentioned to fix this issue, remove the files & check that error occurs or not.
- Press Win+I hotkey to Open Window setting
- Click Update & Security Option.
- Select Windows Update which is lying on the left-hand side pane.
- On the page Right-hand side,> Click view update history.
- Click Uninstall Updates Link
- Mention the names of recent updates because they are the reason for this issue.
- Click Mouse Right Button > Select Uninstall Option
- Now, follow the Complete procedure instruction which is showing On-screen.
Use the DISM tool to Fix Error 0x00000101
If your system holding the corrupted windows files then also there is a chance of Occurring the Clock Watchdog timeout error. Follow the steps mention below:-
- Press Win+R hotkey together > Run dialog box will appear
- Type CMD in the Run dialog box > Press CTRL + SHIFT + Enter
- UAC Prompts on the Screen > Press enter
- On the Following Screen, type the Command
DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth
- Hit Enter & wait for a few seconds to execute the process.
Run Scan now Command
Run Scannow Command to recover the important files & you can also rectify the files by using a simple tool named as System File checker. Follow the below steps:-
- Press Win+S together to open the Taskbar Search
- Type CMD in the Text Provided area
- Press Right Click on the Command Prompt & Select Run as administrator
- UAC Prompts > Hit, Yes to give you consent.
- Input the command mention below & Hit Enter
- Wait for a while & it will find & resolve your whole corrupted system resources
- Restart Device > Check Error Code
Uninstall Similar Apps from the device
Uninstall the Similar apps in the device because sometimes it becomes the cause of deleted system resources. and then ends up with BSOD error 0x00000101. Below are the steps to uninstall similar apps:-
- Open Device Settings
- Click on Category Apps
- Select Apps & Features
- Right Pane > After the list is loaded find the programs which are similar to each other
- Expand those programs > Select Uninstall to remove
- UAC Prompts > Hit Yes
Uninstall the 3rd Party Apps from the device
Uninstall the 3rd Party applications from the system because it contains some malicious files & this will ends up in BSOD error 0x00000101. For remove the 3rd party apps follow the below steps:
- Press Win+R for open the Run Dialog Box.
- Type appwiz.cpl > Click Ok
- Program & Features window appears> placed the 3rd Party malware tool in the list
- Select App & Click uninstall Option
- Follow the Instruction showing on the device screen until it gets removed properly
Update the corrupted Drivers
Update the driver of the desktop which is corrupted this is also the reason for showing BSOD Error 0x00000101 on the desktop. To Update the corrupted drivers follow the below steps:-
- Press Win+R to open the Run Dialog Box.
- Type “devmgmt.msc” > Hit Enter
- Search for yellow Exclamation marks before available drivers.
- Search & expand > Right-click on the faulty drivers & from the menu choose Update driver button.
- A new window will appear > with two options choose from.
- Select > Search automatically for updated driver software.
- Follow the same instructions for updating the corrupting drivers.
Tags: stop code clock watchdog timeout windows 10 fix 0x00000101 windows 10