Fix Laptop Charging error – Laptop is plugged in but not charging
Last Night, I Was working on my Laptop & Suddenly my laptop battery getting low, then i plugged the laptop charger after plugged in it is showing the error of Laptop Plugged in Not Charging. Then I’ll try to fix this error which is occurring on my laptop.
Laptop Plugged In Not Charging Error
Below are the Solutions of Fixing Laptop Not Charging error while plugged in.
Check Connector or Adapter
Check your Laptop adapter & make sure that it is connected properly.
After Connected, if the laptop is not getting the Power properly, then there will be more chances that Laptop Charger is now working. To check if your charger is working then connect your charger in another laptop with the same charging Point. If now working then you have to buy a new charger for the laptop.
Check Your Laptop Charger, after removing the Laptop battery
- Remove laptop Battery > press & hold the power button to drain the left Juice
- Connect your laptop charging adaptor & power it again.
- If Device On properly, then your charger is working fine.
Next Solution is Check your Laptop battery
↣ You Can try this in 2 ways
↣ If you have a removable battery, try to use it on another similar device & add in another device then check whether it is charging or not, if the battery starts charging then there is an issue in laptop.
↣ If you don’t have a removable battery, then connect & check with another adaptor.
Perform Hard Reset
- Unplugged Everything, and start with External Keyboard, mouse, external adapters, including your adapter also.
- Then, Press & Hold the Power Button for at Least 30 Sec & the left. Your device will turn off.
- Now, Turn on Laptop Back
Troubleshoot Hardware Issues
If you are facing issues related to hardware on windows, then troubleshooting is one thing you have to do. By using this, windows will check your adapter is OK, or your battery is charging or not.
How to Use Troubleshoot?
- Open Start menu & typer in the search bar Troubleshooting.
- Troubleshooting > Hardware & Sounds
- hardware & Sounds > Click Hardware & Devices
- Click Next
Update Battery Drivers
How to Update Battery Drivers?
- Open Start Menu > Type Device Manager in Search bar
- Device Manager > Batteries Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery.
- Right Click on it & click Update Drivers
- After Installing > Rebbot your PC & Check Problem Occurs or not
If you are unable to Update driver
- Follow this step also Click the Uninstall device instead of the Update driver.
Click Uninstall > Remove the driver
- After completing the Uninstalling Process, Reset your pc & turn On again.
- Go to Action Tab > Scan hardware changes > Wait while Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery installed again.
- Now, again reboot your PC > Check Problem Occurs or not.
Resolve Charging Error in Laptop shows Plugged in not Charging/ Error while charging Laptop Plugged in Not Charging