When I open QuickBooks to check the company file, it shows me error 6000. Please help me to fix this error.
What is QuickBooks Error 6000
QuickBooks Error 6000 comes when someone he/she wants to open the company file. There are the different number of errors comes with the series of 6000,
which are 6000 83, 6000 77, 6000 80, 6000 301, 6000 832.
The below reasons can cause this error.
- System .tlg file is corrupt.
- Corrupted QuickBooks installation file.
- Connection blocked by the firewall.
- Network connection not properly configured.
- Multiple users logged in the same company file.
- The company file might be damaged.
- Restored previous corrupted backup files.
Solution 1: Configure AntiVirus and firewall settings
- Open QuickBooks Database manager
- Search for Port monitor tab and Check QuickBooks version
- Note down Firewall Post number
- Open system Windows Firewall
- Go to advanced settings
- On inbound option right click and click on New Rule
- Press Port
- then, click on Next
Solution 2: Restore the backup
Follow the below steps to restore the backup
- Open company file
- Click on the file
- Go to Utilities tab
- Edit company file name in less than 210 characters. Give the name which shows only important details.
Solution 3: Open company file in another location
Copy the company file from the current location and paste it somewhere other than the previous location and check if this error fixed.
Solution 4: Rename .TLG & .ND file
- Open file location
- Search for the company file which you want to fix
- Here, find the file with the same name .TLG & .ND extensions
- Do right-click on it and change the file extensions
- Open QuickBooks and check if this solution fixed the error 6000 issue.