Last night, I tried to log on to the QuickBooks file on the server. Every time I got the error code 59. What is this error? I can copy the file to my desktop and able to open it but unable to open the file from the server. Can anyone fix this issue?
Solution 1: Re create and delete .ND file
To create .ND(network descriptor) file, you have to scan the folder where the company file stored. The network descriptor collects information about your computer.
- Click on Windows, and type QuickBooks Database Service Manager
- Select QuickBooks Database Service Manager > then click on Add New Folder and
- search the folder storing the company file.
- When all required folders added click on Scan
- Data files appear under the QuickBooks company file which has searched.
- click on close
- Please make sure .Band file must be created for each company data file.
Solution 2: Open company file using UNC Path
- Open the QuickBooks
- Choose the file and click to Open or restore company
- Select the option open the company file and click on next
- Hot My network places from the left side of the opened company file
- Double click on Entire Network and select the location where the company file is stored.
- Click on company file and then Hit Open
I Hope, this solution may help you. If still getting error then go to the next
Solution 3: Installation Wizard
- Take a backup of your company file
- Restart the computer to close all unwanted programs.
- When the computer starts goto the Control panel
- Then, go for programs and features.
- Select Uninstall a program
- Search for QuickBooks and click on Uninstall/Change
- Click on Continue
- Choose the Repair option and hit the Next button, you must wait to complete the repair process.
- When repair finished clicking on Finish and then once again restart the computer.
- Then, download the latest QuickBooks releases and payroll tax table.
I Hope, this solution can fix the issue of error 50 on QuickBooks.