Please do the following steps to Remove External hard drive error code 10 on Windows 7
- Right-click on my computer >> selected manage.
- Click On Storage & then Disk Management.
- If there is no drive letter assigned.
- Assigned a drive letter.
- & then Restart the Computer.
- This can happen if the USB port IRQ is shared with something else that is causing data flow delays & or address conflicts at the same IRQ.
- It may be preferable to use a port that is directly from the USB host controller.
- Sometimes if this cannot be resolved by swapping around USB connections.
- try using a powered active USB hub between the drive and the port.
- You may still have to try different USB ports this way.
- The active hub can act like a buffer & thus eliminate any delay effects from the IRQ sharing.
- Run Check Disk to Fix the External hard drive error code 10 on Windows 7.
- Reboot your PC and press F8 key continuously until Menu appears in DOS mode.
- Select command prompt from the list. Now in the command prompt type.
- chkdsk c: /f /r.
- (space after chkdsk & space after c: ).
- This may take some time. You may get an error “windows cannot check the Disk- Do you want to run on reboot”.
- Type Yes or Y press Enter.
- & then Restart the Computer \r.
Topics, Files and Tools to Clean Related How to Remove External hard drive error code 10 on Windows 7
Computer not recognizing external hard drive error 7 hard drive error rate no hard drive error full hard drive error 2010 hard drive error test error in hard drive