How to Clean Boot in XP cures problems related to drivers and other hardware as well?
↣ Please do the following steps to fix the problem.
↣ Please unplug all the external devices such as Printer, Modem etc connected to the PC.
The following is the procedure for a ‘clean boot’ for XP OS.
- Click Start –> Run –> Type MSCONFIG –> Click OK
- On the General tab, choose Selective Startup
- Uncheck Process SYSTEM.INI file
- Uncheck Process WIN.INI file
- Uncheck Load Startup Items
- Click on the Services tab
- At the bottom, check Hide All Microsoft Services
- Uncheck all boxes in the window or click the button labeled Disable All
- Click OK
- Click Restart
After restarting, reinstall the downloaded software. Next, do the following:
- Click Start –> Run –> Type MSCONFIG–> Click OK
- Replace checkmarks in the items that you previously removed them from.
- On the General tab, choose Normal Startup
- Click OK
- Click YES, when asked to restart your computer
Hope that helps…Should you have any further questions, let me know.