First to disconnect all equipment and devices and then restart all devices.and check
Now check connection between router and computer
- click on Start >> Run >> type cmd, and click on OK.
- At the command prompt, type ping IP address of the computers and press ENTER.
- Check the ping statistics. You should get the reply
- Make sure to disable all firewalls installed on the computer
- To disable firewalls follow these step
- Click on Start >> Control Panel >> Network Connections >> Right click on Local Area Connection >> Properties
- Click on Advanced >> Settings
- Under Windows Firewall select Off (not recommended) and click OK.
Now check for Modem
- click on start >> controll panel >> modem
- Click on the ‘Diagnostics’ tab at the top of the window
- Note the number of the COM port that your modem appears next to and click OK.
- Click on start >> run >> type hypertrm.exe and click OK
- You will get main Hyper Terminal screen, with Connection Description
- In white box type test, and click on OK
- In new box under Connect using click on Direct to Com with the number of the com port ,which you noted down earlier then click OK
- A Port Settings window wil appear click on OK without any changing
- Now You will get the full Hyper Terminal window
- Type ATZ and enter You will get a response of OK
- If not ,then the attempt to communicate with the modem has failed.Recheck you have the correct Com port
- If you get the response ‘OK’ then type ATDT your phone line number. Your computer should start dialling.
- If this step fails, Check the cable connections between your computer and phone line
- When prompted for login ,type in your internet access username and press enter.
- Type your password and press the enter,Click on the ‘Hang Up’ button at the top of the screen for exit
- You will be prompted to save this session Click on No.
- If your modem failed the above test then you might need to contact the modem or computer manufacturer for further support.
- Also check the ethernet cables ,If cables are damaged then change the cables.
To check wireless network
- Follow these steps to determine if the Wireless Zero Configuration service is running or not
- Click on Start >> Run >> type cmd, and click OK.
- In command prompt Type sc query wzcsvc, and press ENTER.
- If the Windows Zero Configuration service is running, The words “STATE : # RUNNING” will appear in command prompt.
Next Determine if the driver that you are using recognizes the Windows XP Wireless Zero Configuration service.
For this, follow these steps
- Click on Start >> click Control Panel >> Network and Internet Connections >> Network Connections.
- Right click Wireless Network Connection >> Properties.
- If Wireless Network Connection icon is not in the Network Connections folder, or if you cannot view the properties,
- there is a problem with the driver for the wireless network adapter.
- For checking this
- Click on Start >> right click on My Computer >> Manage >> Device Manager >> Double click Other Devices
- Look for the wireless network adapter. If adapter in the Other Devices folder, No driver has been installed.
- To resolve this issue,Install a driver .
- If the adapter is not located in the Other Devices folder, Look in the Network Adapters folder.
- When you locate the wireless network adapter
- Right click on the icon for the wireless network adapter,Then click Properties.
- Verify that “The device is working properly” message is displayed under Device status.
- Now check drivers that do not support the Wireless Zero Configuration service ,For checking this
- Click on Start >> Run >> type cmd >> click OK.
- Type sc query wzcsvc in command prompt and press ENTER.
- If the Windows Zero Configuration service is running, the words “STATE : # RUNNING” will appear.
- Now Click on Start >> Control Panel >> Network Connections >> Right click Wireless Network Connection >> click Properties.
- On the General tab, Click Configure >> Advanced
- Under Property ,a list describes the basic configuration options
- Under Mode or Network Type property ,set this option to Infrastructure .
- And if you are connecting your computer to another computer, Set this option to Ad-Hoc.
- Under Data Rate property ,Set this option to Auto or to 11 Mbps.
- Under Power Save property ,Set Power Save to Off or to Disabled.
- After configure these options, Click OK to save the changes.
- Now right click on My Computer >> Manage.
- In Computer Management, Double-click Services and Applications >>Services >>Right click Wireless Zero Configuration >> Properties
- In the Startup type box, Click to select Disabled, and click OK.
- Close Computer Management, And then restart the computer.
Topics, Files and Tools to Clean Related Wireless Conection
Wireless Conection , wireless conection problems , wireless conection problem , my wireless connection is not working , wireless conection speed , wireless conecting ,modem and router problem